Monday, June 13, 2011

Freedom!

Yes, we do live in a free country and I have been freed by Christ, but that is not where I am going with this post. It has been 5 years, folks, 5 years of being attached to a baby as either the womb in which they grew or their food source through nursing. Since my kids are only 20 and 19 months apart, I was pregnant both times before I had even quit nursing. And this week marks freedom for me. I am neither pregnant nor nursing! Yay! It is a little bitter-sweet but mostly just sweet. Nothing says that I won't be pregnant again someday, (other than Stephen, but what does he have to do with it! ;) Seriously, Stephen and I disagree on this subject. I continue to want a couple more of these adorable monkeys running around and he continues to enjoy getting out of the baby stage more and more. Don't get me wrong, I am enjoying the seasons and getting out of the baby stage but I just see our family having even more fun with even more children! Our agreement is that we will discuss the subject of more children when Pike is 2 years old. At that point we will hopefully agree one way or another.

We shall see....

4 comments:

Erin said...

I completely sympathize with your feelings in this post! Though I had finished nursing (for one month of freedom)before I got pregnant again, I feel like my body has belonged to someone else for a LONG time! I keep thinking it's going to awfully nice when Ace finishes up and I'm my own person again! Good luck with the baby talk, we've got our own scheduled around that time! ;)

jacquelyn said...

hooray! you should celebrate!
your husband sounds like my husband... he is so done! (: I think it is just a mommy thing to see the optimism in "more" babies!

Disney said...

Woo-hoo! You should get out of town and have grown-up time to celebrate!

Kamille said...

five years...wowzer! Go on a vacation before Pike hits two, just you & Stephen...an extra long one.