Wednesday, October 5, 2011

hope...



Ground is shaking all around me. I have several close friends that are suffering from cancer, miscarriage, infertility, and disease and it is breaking my heart. I don't understand why these sweet people have to go through this. I don't understand why I am healthy. All that I know is that I don't know the end to the story that God has written for each individual. I am proclaiming this today for both my life and those around me suffering:

My hope is built on nothing less
Than Jesus’ blood and righteousness.
I dare not trust the sweetest frame,
But wholly trust in Jesus’ Name.

On Christ the solid Rock I stand,
All other ground is sinking sand;
All other ground is sinking sand.

When darkness seems to hide His face,
I rest on His unchanging grace.
In every high and stormy gale,
My anchor holds within the veil.

His oath, His covenant, His blood,
Support me in the whelming flood.
When all around my soul gives way,
He then is all my Hope and Stay.

When He shall come with trumpet sound,
Oh may I then in Him be found.
Dressed in His righteousness alone,
Faultless to stand before the throne.

Image found here on Etsy

3 comments:

jacquelyn said...

absolutely! There are so many verses and songs that keep popping up in my head lately that remind me of God's faithfulness and where we draw our strength and hope! My favorite lately is...
I will cast all of my cares upon you, I will lay all of my burdens down at your feet and anytime I don't know what to do, I will cast all my cares upon you! My friends sister sang that at her moms funeral a few years ago.... it was beautiful.

The farmer's wife said...

Thanks for this wonderful reminder to place our hope on and in the solid rock. I'm so glad we have someone we can lean on. Praise God for His unfailing love and His mercy that is new every day.

Kamille said...

thank you Paige. thank you for caring & feeling deeply. One thing I've found after going through my miscarriage is the anxiety & worry I had prior to being pregnant hasn't been looming over me. It's Jesus peace pervading all of me. I don't fear death as much, because I know I get to meet my little one in a redeemed earth.

He is faithful & so very good.