Monday, January 9, 2012

Holidays


I don't know how I managed to not post anything over the "most wonderful time of the year"! We had a lot of fun over the holidays. We hosted our first Thanksgiving in our new home with Stephen's family and then my family joined us for dessert. We intended it to be just our immediate family (parents and siblings) as we don't have a whole lot of furniture yet but somehow we managed to squeeze in a few extras.

At my second appointment with the midwives in the beginning of December, I was given the thought that I might be pregnant with twins. My midwives suspicions were because I was measuring big and she thought she may have heard two heartbeats. At my ultrasound two weeks later, we were relieved to find out that we have ONE healthy growing boy in my womb. We have yet to find a name for this little guy but I am so excited to have another little boy around.

I had an enjoyable birthday as my mom offered to watch the kiddos and let me take a trip with the hubby to Seattle. We browsed an antique store, ate lunch at Ray's Boathouse and purchased a (much needed) dresser from Ikea. I am 26 now! I feel so grown up.

Christmas was a whirlwind, as usual. I tried to soak it up as much as I could and I am already looking forward to next Christmas. We got the kids a wooden kitchen set from Ikea and I made a bunch of felt food to go along with it. All three of them love it! Tara and Brian flew home on Christmas Eve and spent 5 days here. I spent as much time as I could at my parents' for those few days.

No comments: