Sunday, March 16, 2008

One big happy family!



I just wanted to state for the record that I love big families! As I am the second of nine children, I can honestly say that I love having so many brothers and sisters. I have three brothers and five sisters. When you are part of a large family you don't view it as odd or amazing or crazy, it's simply the way it is. My older sister, Tara, who is currently living in Washington D.C. recently called my mom and during her conversation, my little sister, Libby (two years old,) interrupted my mother and said, "mom, tell Tara that I'm glad she's my sister because I don't have very many." To her, five sisters obviously isn't enough. I feel that is just an illustration of the way you feel when you grow up in a large family. Each child and participant brings so much joy and laughter that you want more. You want another to be able to enjoy this life that you get to live and serve and be blessed in.

1 comment:

Claire said...

Amen Sister!

I love the look of your blog...

Can't wait til you guys move down, I look forward to the great times to come. :)

Claire