Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Three months ago today...


Two major events occurred:
1. Jovie was born at 6lb 9oz at 4:00 o'clock in the afternoon.
2. I drank a 32 oz chocolate peanut butter milkshake.

These past three months have been a mixture of emotions and events. There have been times I've cried, wondering what I got myself into. There have been moments I've rejoiced at the joy my girls bring me. There have been days that I hit the pillow at 7:30 in the evening only to wake in the morning as tired as I was when I went to bed. I have overcome many obstacles, such as going to the grocery store, in the rain and cold, with a newborn who hates a carseat and a toddler who loves to help me shop. And cooking dinner with a baby in the sling and a toddler at the counter "helping". I have grown a lot over the past months.

Jovie is such a delight. She has such a sweet voice and LOVES to talk. It is so much fun to watch her grow and develop. I am excited to see more of her unique and wonderful personality come out! It's crazy that she's already 1/4 of the way to being a 1 year old.

4 comments:

KAMILLE said...

1. I laughed that one of the two things was a milkshake.
2. Crazy that it's already 3 months.
3. She gets more cute with every post I see of her.
4. It sounds like Pear and Veronica are similar in wanting to "help" their mommies' with mommy chores.

sbackholm said...

Wow. What a beautiful little girl. Lucky parents.

Piper said...

Awwwwww! she is the cutest thing. Your so lucky! =)
I love her shirt, didn't Mom get that for her? Tell Pear I said Hi!

The Gardner Family said...

Congratulations on a job well done. I can only imagine how much more challenging life can be with a second child. I think raising Justice is the hardest thing I have ever done, but can also the most fun and rewarding! Your girls are so cute,thanks for sharing your stories!!