I'm being frank and honest here. Sometimes I don't know why or how I get into these messes. Sometimes I don't know how I'm going to make it through. Actually, I do. Every time I feel this way I realize that I can't do it. I can't train my kids on my own. I can't give them all of the love, calm all of the fits or keep going after those sleepless nights on my own. And that is why I have days like this. That is why I'm in this mess. I forget on whom I depend. If only this little bird brain of mine would remember and comprehend the God I serve!
So, I'm laying it on the table, these are the things I'm asking God to help me with:
- I want Pear to have a heart that desires to be kind to others and to her siblings. I want her to find joy in sharing and helping others.
- I need Pear to calm down and not throw fits in the parking lot because it's cold outside or in the store because Jovie's leg accidentally touched her.
- I want Jovie to desire to honor her mommy and daddy and obey.
- I need patience. I need patience. I need patience.
- I want to exemplify joy and thankfulness to my family in a way that is contagious.
- I need help training my kids to be thankful and not whine or complain when asked to eat their dinner, or help pick up their toys.
- I need direction in how to communicate and speak to my children in a way that helps them understand and that touches their hearts.
Here's to a new day, full of the glimpses of joy, dependant on God, washed in Christ's mercies!