Sunday, February 14, 2010

my hobby...


I've always loved sewing, doing crafts and baking. Basically, being a "homemaker" is my hobby. I thoroughly enjoy it. But lately I've REALLY been enjoying sewing. My mom learned to sew from her mom and I learned to sew from my mom. As a girl I remember making dolls, dresses, skirts, pillows, quilts and other crafty objects. They may not have always turned out but I always had fun. I've been eying this pattern for a simple rag doll for a long time and decided they would make perfect Valentine's Day gifts for my girls. So, I made them. I enlarged the pattern to 215% rather than the 150% they recommend and I think they turned out perfect! I also added little pigtails and bows for their hair, just to make them a little more girly. Also, I embroidered the face rather than paint it. I actually almost hesitated giving them to the girls as I kind of want one! If you're looking for a fun, easy project- there you go! The girls absolutely love these dolls. They have taken them everywhere today giving them piggy-back rides or dragging them by the little rag doll arm. I am so glad they love their babies.



4 comments:

Larissa Wardrip said...

I LOVE that pattern! I've been using it too! Your's turned out SOOOO cute! I see why your girls love them! =)

Claire said...

They are darling Paige! Great job! That is an adorable pattern.

Disney said...

Ok. I just died. Seriously the cutest things ever!!! And good idea with enlarging it! I have the hardest time sewing anything that takes more than 5 minutes :o) I can't even imagine having the patience to embroider the faces! I'm thoroughly impressed! :o)

Anonymous said...

These are fantastic Paige. Great job and love that you are using sewing as a creative outlet not only for yourself, but as a gift to the ones you love. And I love those smiley faces on the girls.

kamille