Who gave this sweet little boy of mine permission to grow so quickly? This kid is so much fun. I tell people that he's the dream baby that everybody hopes to have. He's sweet and cuddly, he's content and happy, he's funny, he's healthy, he naps okay, he sleeps alright, he truly is a dude! I am having so much fun watching the boy in him emerge. He's been 100% boy from day 1 and it is a breath of fresh air! I love my little girls in all their girliness but there is something refreshing about the simplicity of a boy. Here are some facts about Pike:
- He is 9 months old.
- Pike loves water, he loves to splash BIG.
- He loves to wrestle and squirm when you change his diaper, and if you really pin him down, sometimes he'll laugh as if he's playing a game.
- Pike explores every nook and cranny in this house. He climbs in cupboards and attempts to jump off the couch.
- He's already gotten into the plant and pot of dirt several times.
- He goes through spurts of loving to take naps and hating to take naps. I can't figure out if it's something I'm doing wrong (such as missing his tired cues) or him simply going through different growing phases. Either way, he's fallen asleep sitting up a few times.
- He LOVES food. However, he seems to have a sensitivity towards it. He breaks out in a rash on his face and chest with different foods. It seems to mainly be wheat and peanuts. So, we are a little limited.
- Pike has two little teeth on the bottom that came in right at 8 months old.
- He gives me lots and lots of slobbery kisses all day long and gives daddy snuggles every morning.
- He says "dadda" a lot more than he says "mama" but he wants his mommy more often than daddy.
- Pike pulls himself to standing position any chance he gets.
- He is fascinated by the refrigerator, freezer and the dishwasher. Any time they are opened, he makes a run straight for them. He would love to just sit and play in the refrigerator!
- Pear and Jovie are his favorite entertainers. He loves to play with them in their room and misses them any time they are napping or away.
- He loves to ride in the car....most of the time.